Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mini-album for a sweet friend.

Happy Thursday! This week is going by so quickly!

Today I'm sharing a mini-album that I made for a good college friend of mine, Laura. She wasn't able to go home for Easter break, so she spent the weekend at my house! Laura and I are actually going to be roommates next year, so it was great "bonding time." We spent the weekend coloring Easter eggs, baking cupcakes, crafting, and spent lots of time outside. Oh, and we might've gotten a little homework done ;)

Laura's favorite color is yellow, so I gave a Maya Roads chipboard album a white base coat and a light yellow top coat. I sanded and distressed to reveal a little white underneath! This is the album cover.


On the first page, I added a mini envelope and wrote a little note for Laura. The photo on the right is of all of my sisters and Laura on Easter Sunday in our Easter dresses! :)



Detail of a page. I am in love with these stamps from Technique Tuesday.


The last pages of the album. The "precious" letters are chipboard stickers painted white with added Distress Stickles in Picket Fence. I hand-painted the rest of the quote.


I'm really excited for Laura to receive this in the mail because I don't think she's expecting anything at all! That's always the most fun :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!




No comments:

Post a Comment